This is a Secure Website:
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
This site uses a VeriSign SSL123 Certificate to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site. VeriSign has checked and verified the site's registered domain name.
Mama Mio US Inc is committed toprotecting our customer's privacy. Please take the time to review this noticewhich explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and yourrights. THG Beauty Limited (“Mama Mio US Inc”, “we” or “us”) is the datacontroller of the personal data collected via or in connection with Mama Mio USInc and any associated App (the “Site”).
Whatpersonal data do we collect about you?
Wecollect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and throughyour use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when youuse our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and anyinformation which you add to your account profile);
- Transaction and billing information, ifyou make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card detailsand delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with us(e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on socialmedia);
- Information you provide us when youenter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically,using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed andwhether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates).We may also collect information about thedevice you use to access our Site; and
- Other information necessary to providethe Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent.
If you also shop in one of our stores,we may combine information you give us in-store (e.g. if you make a purchase orjoin our mailing list in-store) with the information above.
Whatdo we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, yourinteractions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for whichwe use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain youronline account.
- To manage and respond to any queries orcomplaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise the Site to you and showyou content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information,your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site, andmonitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we maycontact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing messages and showyou targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permittedto do so.
- For security purposes, toinvestigate fraud andwhere necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatoryobligations.
We rely on the following legal basis,under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary toperform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contractwith you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personaldata to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g.where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to youraccount profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in our legitimateinterests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. Weare always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer thebest products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailoryour view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect ofthe products and offers on view.
Our Site may allow you the option ofadding additional information to your account profile, such as informationabout your body type, skin type, hair type, hair condition, training regime,performance goals, height and weight. We treat this information with particularsensitivity, as we understand it can reveal information about your health orethnicity, for example. You do not have to provide this information to us, andcan delete it or update it at any time.
We love to communicate with ourcustomers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use yourpersonal data to send you marketing messages by email, phone or post. Some ofthese messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing orpurchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receivemarketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you canchange your preferences at any time by contacting us (details below), clickingon the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in youraccount. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contactyou with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and deliveryconfirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also see ads for our Site onthird party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored toyou using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads tocustomers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, thismay because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, orusers who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing youremail address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailoredads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these
third party websites.
Whodo we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data withthird parties in the following circumstances:
- With other companies in our group ofcompanies, as necessary to operate the Site.
- With our suppliers and serviceproviders working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legaladvisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraudprevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or othergovernmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawfulrequest.
We use service providers based aroundthe world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countriesoutside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rightsin respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal dataoutside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law,ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriatesafeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses.Please contact us if you would like moreinformation about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for aslong as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will varydepending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made apurchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the periodnecessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a recordof correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about aproduct) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where weno longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please notethat where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep arecord of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails infuture.
This Siteensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves theconverting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access.This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure theprotection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods suchas SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Siteover a secure communications channel.
Our Site is not intended for, andshould not be used by, children under the age of 18. We do not knowinglycollect personal data from children under 18.
You have certain rights in respect ofyour personal data, including the right to access and correct your personal data, and, in specific circumstances, to transfer your personal data to another entity in a commonly-used format
You also have the right to object toyour personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send youmarketing. See ‘Marketing’ above,for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data, for example; where our purposes for processing your personal data have come to an end; where you object to our processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests and we have no overriding-legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal data; and where our processing was based on your consent which you have withdrawn.
We will comply with any requests toexercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware,however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there maybe circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make anyrequests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concernsregarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below.You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for dataprotection.
Telephone: +44 161 8131481
Address: Customer Services, MeridianHouse, Gadbrook Park, Cheshire, CW9 7RA
Last updated: 28.02.2022